The mission of the Foundation is to raise awareness of respiratory depression so that it becomes mandatory to continuously electronically monitor all patients using Capnography and Pulse Oximetry:
- Every time a patient is placed on a PCA pump
- Every time a patient is sedated.
- Every patient that requires a stay in the PACU following general anesthetic.
- Every patient that requires a stay in the PACU following sedation.
- Our awareness campaign will include the general public, healthcare providers and administrators, hospitals, as well as free standing clinics that provide anesthesia such as Oral Surgeons, Plastic Surgeons, Podiatrists, Bariatric Surgery Centers, Ambulatory Surgery, etc.
A Promise to Amanda Foundation is a non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.